It’s back for 2022!
Thank you to our event sponsor, Springview Farm Golf Course, and to Robert Lee for donating the straw bales.
Watch for details coming soon for the 2023 event.
2022 Soapbox Derby winners
- 1st – Keegan #12
- 2nd – Samantha #30
- 1st – Jack # 32
- 2nd – Britton #31 *fastest heat time
- 3rd – Parker #33
- 1st – Nathan #19
- 2nd – Nina #29
- 3rd – Jaxen #11
2022 Soapbox Derby event details
Waterford Pumpkinfest Soap Box Derby will take place on Sunday, October 16 at 11 am.
- Junior division: ages 6-10
- Senior division: ages 11-14
Registration will run from 10:00 am to 10:45 am. Judging for the best-decorated car starts at 11 am, followed by the race.
- Open to ages 6 to 14. Junior division is from 6 to 10 years of age and Senior division from 11 to 14 years of age.
- Soap box cars are to be made by the racer, with assistance from a parent – not the other way around.
Soap box cars are to be made to the following specifications:
- Wheels cannot have bearings and can be no longer than 13” diameter
- Cars can have a maximum length of 4 feet (Junior division) or 5 feet (Senior division). Cars should be about 3 feet in width.
- Cars must be equipped with a functioning brake – hand or foot controlled. Car operator cannot use their own foot on the pavement to stop their car.
- Cars should be constructed mainly of wood – the use of steel is limited to mechanical controls only.
- A helmet is mandatory. (Bicycle, motocross, or hockey) Gloves and suits are optional.
- Racers will be assigned race numbers on the day of the race – no exceptions. Race number will be affixed to the car and driver on race day.
- Cars will be inspected at the time of registration.
- Racers must know how to use brakes. Brakes must be able to stop the car if needed, especially when over the finish line. Any unsafe cars will be disqualified. Decisions of officials are FINAL.